Powered By Blogger

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Belly Rings, Betty Crocker and Big Buissness on a Rainy Day.



The rain laps up on my draging overgarment making my ankels moist as I walk across the busy Walmart parking lot. I see her glance at me with a look of fear,confusion, and intrigue melting together like the dripping candle wax I use to watch on the well appointed alter dressed with communion wine and pointsettia plants during christmas time. She doesnt think I'm from here. She does'nt know that my formative years consisted of birthday parties, new years hangovers, and pork chop dinners. She doesnt know that I've been where she is. Dressed how she's dressed. Thought what she's thinking. Until I fell in love with Allah...and this thing called Islam.

1 comment:

  1. Hah, I love it! Who would to think, that you would be thinking that? Amazing...

    ReplyDelete